Monday, April 6, 2009

'Tis the Season.


Finally, the season of tennis is here! Well, sort of. Stupid Iowa weather…how I despise you so. I love hearing the sound of people hitting and having a good time in my “backyard” of Elm and how I often wish I was one of them. I did not think I would ever miss playing competitively, but I am finding more and more every day that I do not play, I do.

I was never that great of a tennis player, I mostly enjoyed the atmosphere that it presented. The game still allowed for some conversation and it still could make you sweat if you tried…which I did, most of the time. So many of my good friends played which was both a good thing and a bad thing. Good because I always had someone to play with and we were never that competitive but bad because when we were things could get tense and another reason is being girls, we like to talk, often more than playing. But whenever I wanted a solid game I would call up my dad. He was number two in men’s tennis in Muscatine so you knew you were looking for a good game when asking to hit around with him. I usually ended up leaving frustrated because I would always lose (of course!) but I secretly did not mind because I really did enjoy spending some quality time with him, however quickly he would beat me.

Now that I do not have my close friends or my dad to call whenever I have the urge to play, I can already feel the portion of my brain designated to tennis disappearing every day I am not out on the courts. It is sad! I want to play...but the snow poses a problem. Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment