Monday, January 26, 2009

The Beauty of Simplicity

I have always been such a huge fan of simplicity. There is something about it, so natural and pure. I tend to try and achieve this in most everything whether that be in my wardrobe or my hair or design or makeup. Less is truly more in my book.

I have always wondered why women think it is beautiful to completely conceal their face in makeup and wear excessively gaudy clothing. Don’t try so hard! Really. If I am going to be honest, it comes across to me as an insecurity issue; that the explosion of chalk on someone’s face or ultra revealing clothing is only something to “hide” behind. No need to hide behind gobs of makeup and fancy hairdos. Be real to yourself and the rest of the world.

Your time can be spent doing more doing more productive things like homework, or socializing, or let’s be honest, sleep. Would that not be nice? Makeup may be able to cover up minor blemishes and hairspray may be able to help mask a bad hair day, but in the end, people do not really care what brand of eyeliner you use, it is the person underneath that people fall in love however cheesy or tacky that is, it is not the truth? If not, maybe you consider finding some more legitimate friends. Your personality will seep through no matter how much you are doing to cover it up. You might as well beat them to the chase and make the search a little less difficult.

I say try going without dolling yourself up for one day, see what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised. It has a tendency to be kind of freeing. There is a chance you might even enjoy it enough to do it again. That is what happened to me. Hey, you might even be able to save a few dollars. You have yourself a win, win situation there. If you do take me up on the challenge, tell me about it. I will be curious to know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment