Thursday, January 22, 2009

Frenzied Creations of our Restless Minds

This morning I was rudely awoken by my alarm clock at 6:50. I am not so bitter with my clock at waking me up at such a dreadful time for a little rested college student, but more so because it abruptly ended my marvelous dream. I was simply lying in a field, listening to the breeze rustle the long grass and abnormally large trees surrounding me, soaking up the warm rays of the sun. That was it, but it felt so supernaturally real to me. It was a beautiful moment until I opened my eyes to the cold darkness and looked out of my window to find snow and only ordinary trees. Bummer.

It is such a rare occasion that I remember my dreams, I have to write them down because they are so monumental and rare. I love having dreams. They make such interesting stories because they have a tendency to be so bizarre and typically do not make a whole lot of sense, but they are nonetheless still fascinating.

I have always been intrigued by dreams, not only because they often times make peculiar and humorous stories, but because it makes me wonder if they are ever more than some frenzied creation of our restless minds. You hear about dream interpreters, but I am slightly skeptical in the same way I am with fortune tellers, even more so pet psychics (What?!). How can all dreams be generally interpreted? This just does not make any kind of sense to me. I would like to know how one would interpret this dream: One night many years ago I was in some strange fantasyland that was assembled only in the styrofoam puzzle pieces that you often see in children’s play areas. The only other person, if you wish to call it that, was Dee Dee’s imaginary friend from the old Cartoon Network show Dexter’s Laboratory, Koosalagoopagoop. He invited me to go up in a styrofoam made elevator that magically floated in mid-air and went nowhere. I gladly obliged. Once we reached approximately 3,000 feet, the little foamy puzzle pieces began falling out and declining to the ground below. Koosalagoopagoop told me it was soon my turn, then he fell laughing as I held on tightly to the edges of this hovering, pastel craft. Then I woke up. Now would someone please tell me what this is supposed to mean? I would really love to know.

In speculation of my dream last night, I am so looking forward to spring…

No comments:

Post a Comment